Saturday, January 19, 2008

My First Love



Over the years I have come to appreciate and love equally, the mountains, oceans, desert, forest, and rolling hills...but...my first love is the mountains. I still remember, as if it were yesterday, my first trip to the snow covered High Sierras. I was simply awestruck and mesmerized by the thirteen and fourteen thousand foot glaciated peaks that stood above me. As a young ten year old I had never seen anything like Mount Whitney, the Palisades and Banner and Ritter peaks. It was simply awesome... During my lifetime I have been graced to have visited every major mountain range in the Western United States from the Canadian Rockies to Mount Ranier and I never get tired of seeing what I consider one of God's greatest acts of majesty. The pics provided here were taken near Tioga Pass and Little Lakes Valley. I hope you enjoy the spendor of God's hand-work....

3 comments:

kc bob said...

Wow.. what great pictures.. you make this Kansan a bit jealous :)

Bilbo said...

Thanks Bob,

Just one of the perks living in California...Come out and visit our beautiful state one of these days...It really is one of the most beautiful and unique combination of geography in the world...and...I am not just blowing smoke. We have deserts, mountains, coastline, and the biggest, oldest, and tallest trees in the world. It really is a great place to live if you like the outdoors...

kc bob said...

I think that these guys would agree with you. Jim, our lead guy, is from Redmond and loves to go back to your neck of the woods.

I am still envious though :)