Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Welcome to Bilbo's World!





Welcome to Bilbo's World in Pictures!...I have been interested in photography since I started hiking and traveling in the mountain ranges from Canada to California back in the 1960's. After dabbling in photography with cheap camera's during my earlier years I gave up photography, for the most part, until about three years ago when my good friend Al inspired me to buy a digital camera. Thanks Al, for opening up a new world to me.

Because of my work schedule, I am a teacher, I get to travel a lot each summer and I generally head off for at least three or four weeks to some remote wilderness area on the West Coast. During my travels, besides hiking, biking, and camping, I generally take time to take some pictures of God's majestic handiwork...and...since my age is starting to catch up with me I anticipate I will be doing more and more photography in the years to come.

This new blog is dedicated to sharing some of the sights and images from my perspective. I intend to say very little about each picture but feel free to ask questions and I promise I'll respond. The vast majority of the pictures on this blog are the work of yours truly, but I may include a few pictures of others from time to time. I hope you enjoy what I have put together and please feel free to make any comments or suggestions....and...finally....Thanks to Julie who inspired me recently to put together this blog with her own photography blog project. Thanks Julie...

My first entry will include my collection of photographs on trees. I have become fascinated with photographing trees on and off for the past three or four years. Trees are amazing, they are like snowflakes, no two trees are the same. I hope you enjoy what I have put together....Bilbo

2 comments:

David Blakeslee said...

Hey Bilbo, just wanted to let you know that I've made the pilgrimage over to check out your new photoblog. Quite refreshing to behold, I'll say, especially with the drab gray dreariness that overwhelms this part of the world for weeks on end at this time of year. Keep the photos coming! And be sure to get out there and take new ones as the opportunity presents itself!

Bilbo said...

Hi Dave,

I've got a whole boat load of pictures I'll be posting in the days and weeks to come...and...I'll certainly be posting new pictures because I just bought a new Canon SLR camera today online and I'll be taking classes to learn how to use the new gadgets. Thanks for stopping by...I'm real excited about seeing how far I can take this photography thing...