Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Today I spent most of the day in Boulder, the home of Colorado University. Boulder is a really cool college town with great hiking trails and biking trails...and...a really cool park where "Flatirons", a well known rock formation is located. I didn't go on the hike up Flatirons because earlier in the day I hiked up Two Sisters mountain on my way to Boulder...but...I did ride my bike along the bike trail which flows near the downtown area.

After a bit of hiking and biking I took a stroll through the downtown area which is where you can find unique shops, vendors, and street performers. I windowed shopped for the most part but I did pick up the three prints which are featured with this blog entry. Later I checked out the numerous outdoor hiking stores but didn't find anything to my liking except a bottle of "jungle juice" at REI. If you don't know what jungle juice is, it is mosquito juice which is guaranteed to keep them off you because it contains 98% deet!

Well, today is my last day in Colorado and tomorrow I am headed home. I am going to take three days to get back home because I hope to visit "five" national parks in Utah. I don't know if I will get to all five in two days but I am going to give a go!

No comments:

Blog Archive